Play is the highest form of research.” – Albert Einstein
Every child needs to feel that learning can be as enjoyable as play. As parents or guardians to children, you should know that when children are younger, their lives tend to revolve around activities. But how do you bring about it?
There are numerous advantages connected with fun learning activities. Fun learning educational activities for little toddlers can offer plenty of learning with a healthy dose of entertainment. That’s why we call them edutainment. Switching the basic learning environment of your child from passive to active by adding on some fun activities to your learning sessions can make children active and excited!
Based on the age, level of skill, and interest of the child, you can choose from a variety of educational activities that are available. Crafts, outdoor fun, indoor creations, educational games etc. there is always something for each child’s interest. It’s a great way to pass time and learn new skills.
TSEY offers fun learning educational activities for your child from preschool through elementary grades and instill a lifelong love of learning.
Read on and put them to their best use.
- Play Learning Games
Make sure you put learning in motion by playing games that can get your children moving while learning about a variety of subjects like math’s, alphabets, spellings, etc.
For preschoolers, you can start with a basic game that can help you children learn farm animals, numbers, colors (create a hue scavenger hunt!), and shapes. What you choose to teach your kid with this game is limited by your imagination.
- Sight words memory game
We all know that children love to play guessing games and this is one of such activities.
Here’s what you will need:
A word list
80 index cards
- Make a list of words based on your child’s age and vocabulary.
- Once you choose the words ask your child to lay the index cards facedown, in a row, on the table.
- Ask them to rotate the card, see the word, and read it aloud.
- Then, they flip another card and read that aloud. However, if any of the cards are not a match, they must keep them back again, face-down.
- Repeat this whole activity until all the cards have been matched.
What kids learn through this activity: Through this activity you can make your child learn to sight words, build their vocabulary, and improve their reading skills.
- The five senses learning activity
Teach your child the five senses. They will have to choose which sense they use when a bell rings or when they eat something.
- Give your child a worksheet with all the senses and the objects associated with it.
- Give them pencils to draw the connecting lines for the senses and their objects.
- You can also come up with more worksheets or verbal quiz challenges to teach your child about the five senses.
Through this activity, your kid will use their critical thinking skills to figure out which object will ignites their senses.
Every child is unique and your little munchkin may not reach all of these by the age of 3, or they might develop faster. These are some ways to entertain your children while focusing on their skill development. Don’t worry, putting these activities together is simple and doesn’t require many supplies! Ranked amongst the best preschools in Gurgaon, TSEY promotes fun learning experiences for each child, in a safe and loving environment that can inspire them to dream, to create, and to discover the grandeur of the world around them.